Yes, this dish is exactly as it sounds: Brussel sprouts cooked in with 3 different types of pig!
- 1/2 lb All Natural, Sulfite Free Ham
- 1/2 lb Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 1 lb Roll or Loose Pork Sausage (like the Jimmy Dean kind, or you can get it from the meat counter/ case)
- 2 lbs Brussel Sprouts
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Put a pot of heavily salted water on to boil.
- Brown Roll Sausage in a frying pan over medium heat and set aside.
- Cut up the bacon into small pieces using kitchen sheers, and in the same pan, crisp up the bacon into little pieces of goodness. Remove cooked bacon, but leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- Put the bussel sprouts into the water…it should be at a ROLLING boil.
- During the 2-3 minutes that the brussel sprouts are in the boiling water, put the ham to brown a little in the bacon fat.
- Strain the brussel sprouts and toss into the ham and bacon grease mixture in the frying pan.
- Salt and peper to taste while stirring.
- Add back in the pre-cooked sausage set aside after step 2.
NOMMY NOMMY GOODNESS.
NOTE: We cook this en masse, and sometimes break steps 4-8 into two “rounds” of brussel sprouts by also splitting up the bacon and fat and separating it for each round.