Thank you to all the athletes, coaches, sponsors, contributors, volunteers, friends, and family who helped make the 2015 Tampa Bay Area Classic an overwhelming success! We couldn’t have done it without each and every one of you and we are so grateful for all the support!
Official results for the 2015 Tampa Bay Area Classic can be found here:
We are looking forward to next year’s Classic!
- Open men’s and women’s (Includes Youth, Junior, Senior and Masters)
- Women’s weight classes: 48kg, 53kg, 58kg, 63kg, 69kg, 75kg, 75kg+
- Men’s weight classes: 56kg, 62kg, 69kg, 77kg, 85kg, 94kg, 105kg, 105kg+
- Overall sinclair (men’s & women’s)
- Teams (overall men’s & women’s)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place medals for individual weight classes
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place trophies for team divisions
- Prize packs for overall sinclair winners
- Athletes participating in team divisions must first be registered as individuals
- A separate team entry can be purchased in addition to individual entries
- Men’s and women’s teams must each have a separate team entry
- One men’s team and one women’s team per club; max of 8 women per team and max of 8 men per team with a max of 2 lifters per weight class
- Final team rosters must be submitted the morning of the competition using forms on-site before the start of the first lifting session
- Team members will earn points based on their placement in their individual divisions which will then be added together for a cumulative team score. Teams will be ranked according to team scores.
USA Weightlifting Rules & Regulations
- Athletes will compete in their respective weight classes and test their snatch and clean and jerk against the standards of the sport of Olympic-style weightlifting.
- For a list of complete IWF rules and regulations, click here.
- All lifters must have a singlet and active USAW membership. Click here to register for an annual membership.
- All measurements and equipment will be in kilograms
- Weigh-ins begin 2 hours before the start of each lifting session and will last for 1 hour. Lifters who fail to check-in/weigh-in will be disqualified.
|1||SATURDAY||FEMALE||48, 53, 58||7:00AM||9:00AM|
|2||SATURDAY||MALE||56, 62, 69||9:00AM||11:00AM|
|3||SATURDAY||FEMALE||63, 69, 75, 75+||11:00AM||1:00PM|
|5||SATURDAY||MALE||94, 105, 105+||3:30PM||5:45PM|
|AWARDS||SATURDAY||ALL||SINCLAIR, TEAM, ETC||7:45PM||N/A|
This schedule is SUBJECT TO CHANGE! You must check in during your session’s designated weigh in time only — no early check ins are permitted. If you would like to arrive early and check your weight before your designated weigh in time, that is fine, but official weigh ins begin during your session’s weigh in time.
*We will be holding an optional “technical meeting” on Friday, July 17th at 7:30pm. This meeting is open to all participating athletes and coaches and will cover topics such as meet procedures, official USAW rules and regulations, technical standards, etc. If this is your first meet or you are unfamiliar with how meets work, this is an excellent opportunity for you to learn before things get rolling.
Special Prizes From:
Event Video and Photography By: