Last year, Keep Pulling was named a USA Weightlifting National Community Development Training Site based on our outstanding achievements and community outreach programs within the sport of Olympic Weightlifting.
We are proud and excited to announce that we were once again chosen as a 2020 Site making this our second year in a row! We are looking forward to this opportunity to further contribute to the continuing growth of our sport.
What does this mean?
The selection criteria was based on a few things including coaches’ education and certification level, club activity, club history, national involvement, training space & equipment, community outreach programs, and more.
The minimum requirements to be considered for this program from the USA Weightlifting website are:
- National level coach or higher/ Or will fulfill national level requirement in year of designation
- Club activity with USAW as a coach, referee, and/or volunteer
- USAW Club in good standing with the NGB
- Must adhere to USAW code of conduct throughout designation
- Minimum of 2 community outreach programs*
*Community outreach is defined as a program that introduces the sport of weightlifting to participants that have not been exposed to the sport previously. USA Weightlifting sponsored programs will not count towards your program count.
There were over 80 clubs in the United States that went through the application, interview, and selection process and 24 clubs were chosen — Based on our heavy involvement in the sport of Weightlifting, USA Weightlifting has recognized Keep Pulling as:
- An outstanding club whose goals and vision align with the national governing body of USA Weightlifting
- A Center for Community Development based on our numerous outreach programs and community involvement
- A nationally recognized Athlete Development and Training Site
- A club with an extensive history of developing all athletes from beginners to national competitors with the infrastructure (space, equipment, programs, and coaching expertise) to continually support and develop these types athletes
We are both honored and excited for this opportunity with USA Weightlifting!
Learn more about our Weightlifting programs and community outreach below: