Thank you so much for thinking of me during nominations for the Florida Weightlifting Federation Board of Directors! I have officially accepted candidacy for a second two-year term as Treasurer for the FWF am truly honored and excited for this opportunity to further represent our membership at both the state and national level!
All current USA Weightlifting members in the state of Florida will be receiving an email with a link to an online ballot starting Monday, June 4th at 5PM EST. The results of this election will determine who represents the Florida Membership for the next two years! We urge you please take the time to cast your vote!
Jump to section:
- About the Florida Weightlifting Federation
- Official Candidate Statement
- About Patrick/Candidate Summary
- Vote for Ben for Athlete Representative!
About the Florida Weightlifting Federation:
The Florida Weightlifting Federation serves as the central governing body for weightlifting in the State of Florida. Also known as the Local Weightlifting Committee #14 (LWC 14), it is an affiliate of USA Weightlifting, the national governing body of Weightlifting in the United States. The Federation’s mission is to promote the Olympic sport of weightlifting at all levels throughout the state and to communicate with all outside bodies as the principal authority of Olympic Weightlifting in Florida.
The Florida Weightlifting Federation sanctions competitions, events, certifies state referees, maintains state records, conducts a state championship competition, sets schedules of events, and enforces a code of ethics for athletes, coaches, and officials.
Patrick resides in the Tampa Bay Area and has been coaching Weightlifting since 2009. He is one of a handful of Level 3 National Coaches in the state of Florida and currently manages and operates two full-time Weightlifting clubs in Tampa through his company Keep Pulling, a Weightlifting and educational resource. Patrick currently sits as Treasurer on the Florida Weightlifting Federation since his election to the Board in the summer of 2016.
For the past two years, Patrick has contributed to state-wide decisions based on annual budgeting and the financial status of the organization as well as marketing & branding for multiple FWF initiatives. Some of his other contributions to the FWF include:
- Annual budgets and financial forecasting for the organization
- Drafted new Bylaws document for FWF and assisted in updates to procedures & processes
- Budgeting and allocating funds for Team Florida Elite, International athlete support, and other FWF initiatives
- Rebranding & new logo design for the FWF and Team Florida Elite
- FWF Website redesign & ongoing maintenance
- Designing of images and graphics used for social media and advertising
- FWF State Championships budgeting, branding, event logo design, and assistance with event operations
Patrick would continue to utilize his experience in both marketing and the sport of Weightlifting to positively contribute to the growth of the sport in an official capacity with USA Weightlifting in the state of Florida.
- USA Weightlifting Level 3 National Coach
- MuscleDriver Level 1 Weightlifting Course
- MuscleDriver Level 2 Advanced Weightlifting Coach’s Course
- USA Weightlifting LWC Certified Referee
- USA Weightlifting Certification Assistant Instructor
- USOC SafeSport Certified
- Heartsaver First Aid, CPR, AED Certified (AHA)
- Coaching in the sport of Weightlifting since 2009
- B.S. Digital Media & Advertising, University of West Florida
Patrick moved to Tampa in 2007 and has been engrossed in the sport of Weightlifting since late 2008. What started as competitive aspirations as an athlete ended up drawing him naturally into a coaching role. He received his USA Weightlifting Level 1 Sports Performance Coach certification in early 2010 and ultimately promotion to Level 3 National Coach in December of 2015.
For a full personal bio of Patrick, please click the link below!
Questions/Concerns? Contact Patrick using the form below!